- Corrugated grilles
- Dynamic brakes
- Forward ditch lights
- Large fuel tank
- K5 horn
These former WM (Chessie) units were painted in CSX’s YN2 scheme in the 1990s, and received ditch lights soon after.
GP40-2 SERIES LOCOMOTIVE FEATURES:
- See-through cab windows
- Factory installed Celcon handrails
- Illuminated front and rear headlights
- Illuminated ditch lights and/or strobes (as applicable to road name)
- Corrugated or chicken wire grilles
- 2600 or 3600 gallon fuel tank
- 5-pole motor with precision-machined flywheels and multi-link drive train for trouble-free operation
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- Separately-applied horns
- McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- DCC Ready 21 pin plug
- Nickel plated, blackened machined wheels machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brand of track
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Minimum radius: 18”
- Recommended radius: 22”
- Sound Ready!
- All units come with speakers installed!
- Ready to add the 21-pin sound decoder of your choice!
PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
1971-1990, 1991-2009, 2010-Present Day