- Fully-assembled and ready for your layout
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Body-mounted McHenry couplers with operating knuckles and springs
- Packed in a jewel box for great display and storage opportunities
- Razor-sharp painting and printing
- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking
- Operates on Code 55 and 80 rail
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4"
- Roller bearing trucks with 36" machined metal wheels and RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Pullman-Standard dominated the covered hopper car market beginning in the 1950s, thanks to the design success of their PS-2 series of covered hoppers. In 1964 the 4427 cubic foot capacity covered hoppers were introduced. PS responded to increasing demand for efficiency by the railroads and shippers alike, carrying more per trip then the 40' boxcars with the signode grain door. Designed to carry bulk commodities, such as grain, these cars roamed the rails of North America for decades, attesting to their utilitarian functionality. These cars can still be seen today in service.