- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking
- McHenry® knuckle spring couplers installed
- Operates on Code 55 and 80 rail
- Packed in a jewel box for great display and storage opportunities
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
A boxcar is the North American term for a railroad car that is enclosed and generally used to carry freight. The Waffle Style Box Car has indentations that made securing of loads inside the car easier, resulting in a quicker way, more cost effiecient way to load box cars. Wrapped and secured pallets could be fork lifted into the box cars and then more easily secured to prevent damage. Normal box cars required extra labor using various devices inside the cars to secure loads.