- Hidden die-cast metal weight
- Separate brake details
- Looks great hauling Athearn 40 or 45’ trailers
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18”
- 28” solid nickel silver wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- For reliable operation, we suggest running empty cars in dedicated trains or at the rear of mixed trains
The IMPACK, or Inter-Modal Package, spine car is designed to carry 40-45’ trailers in 4 to 10-unit sets. The cars are based on the 1978-built Santa Fe “Fuel Foiler” 10-unit design, and were in fact license-built copies produced by ITEL starting in 1981. ITEL produced the cars in 3, 4, 5, 8, and 10-car sets, depending on customer specifications. In addition to the ATSF Fuel Foilers, IMPACK cars were owned by BN, K&W, SSIX, SSW, and TTX.