- Prototypically correct 33” and 38” solid nickel silver wheels with RP25 contours
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Body-mounted McHenry® operating scale upper and lower shelf knuckle couplers
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Minimum radius: 18
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
A well car, also known as a double-stack car, is a type of railroad car specially designed to carry intermodal containers used in intermodal freight transport. The “well” is a depressed section which sits close to the rails between the wheel trucks of the car, allowing a container to be carried lower than on a traditional flatcar. This makes it possible to carry a stack of two containers per unit on railway lines wherever the structure gauge assures sufficient clearance.