- Chicken wire Grilles
- Non-Dynamic Brake hatch
- Forward and reverse Ditch lights
- Large EMD front plow
- Short fuel tank
- P3 horn
These units are stand-in representations of former MILW GP40s that were painted in CP Rail's later scheme with no multi-mark on the hood.
GP40-2 SERIES LOCOMOTIVE FEATURES:
- See-through cab windows
- Factory installed Celcon handrails
- Illuminated front and rear headlights
- Illuminated ditch lights and/or strobes (as applicable to road name)
- Corrugated or chicken wire grilles
- 2600 or 3600 gallon fuel tank
- 5-pole motor with precision-machined flywheels and multi-link drive train for trouble-free operation
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- Separately-applied horns
- McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- DCC Ready 21 pin plug
- Nickel plated, blackened machined wheels machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brand of track
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Minimum radius: 18”
- Recommended radius: 22”
- Sound Ready!
- All units come with speakers installed!
- Ready to add the 21-pin sound decoder of your choice!
PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The EMD GP series locomotives became some of the most successful designs of the age. Produced from 1970s to mid-1980s the GP40-2 was quickly found in many different tasks of the railroad. From switching to pulling high priority freight trains across the country, these versatile locomotives brought the goods to North America. Many of these locomotives are now being rebuilt with ecologically sound emission control for higher population centers. A new era emerges as technology meets proven reliability for these EMD products.