- Separately applied wire grab irons and etched end platforms
- Body-mounted McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- Razor-sharp painting and printing
- Weighted for optimum performance
- 36” metal wheels with RP25 contours
- Minimum radius: 18” Recommended radius 22”
What are Legendary Liveries? An Athearn exclusive, they are the ultimate answer to “What if?” Featuring some of the most popular railroad paint schemes of all time, these models are perfect for collecting, proto-freelancing, or just plain fun! Whether company proposed paint schemes, canceled locomotive orders, or alternate takes on history, Legendary Liveries are fun and unique additions to any roster. Enjoy these items, and answer the ultimate railroad question of: “What if?”
The modern 100 ton, high-cube, 60’ boxcar has become ubiquitous in the modern rail scene. These cars are designed to carry a myriad of loads, from auto parts to forest products. These boxcars are a fixture to any modern freight train.
This Athearn model depicts accurately a Gunderson built boxcar. Many paint schemes from the extremely similar Trenton/Greenbrier built cars are also offered as close “stand-in” type models.