Welcome to the New Athearn Trains Website!
PRIMED FOR GRIME MODELS FEATURE
- Duplicated look and feel of "In Service" equipment
- Faded base colors matched to the prototype
- Perfect starting point for adding grime and rust
- Fully detailed full cushion underframe
- Era: early 1970s to present
- 70-Ton roller bearing trucks with operating bearing caps
- Trucks with animated rotating bearing caps
- Coupler lift bars, trainline hoses, brake hoses, and hardware
- Separately applied door closure rods, side ladders, metal grab irons and etched metal end platforms
- Full underframe detail: air brake reservoir, control valve, and brake cylinder with plumbing and brake rod details
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Minimum radius: 18" - Recommended radius: 22"
McHenry Scale Knuckle