HO 40' Flat Car with Plane, UP # 54117
Each Flat car and plane have unique numbers.
Removable plane loads feature spinning propellers, detachable wings, and colorful artwork.
Separately applied brake wheel.
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Each Flat car and plane have unique numbers
- Removable plane loads feature spinning propellers, detachable wings, and colorful artwork
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Body-mounted McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Decorated models fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
A flatcar is a piece of railroad rolling stock that consists of an open, flat deck on four wheels. The deck of the car can be wood or steel, and the sides of the deck can include pockets for stakes or tie-down points to secure loads.
Flatcars are used for loads that are too large or cumbersome to load in enclosed cars such as boxcars.