- Boiler backhead with full detailing
- Individually applied piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Correctly operating eccentric cranks
- Headlights and number boards with directional light change
- Tender light
- Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- Pivoting front and rear engines for negotiating 11" radius curves - 15" radius recommended
- Factory installed SoundTraxx Tsunami dual-mode DC/DCC decoder with onboard sound
- Blackened metal wheels
- MicroTrains operating knuckle couplers installed
This stunning reproduction of the 4-6-6-4 Challenger is the result of a focused determination to accomplish one thing: create the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype available.
Giving life to all the details are authentic sounds that are channeled through a factory installed DCC and soundboard with speakers. The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts its functions. The modeler doesn’t have to do a thing.
Functions and sounds available to DCC users include:
Fire box door
Cylinder cock/flange squeal
The N Scale 4-6-6-4 Challenger includes a history book and instruction book for quick reference.