Welcome to the New Athearn Trains Website!
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Molded truss rods with turnbuckles (as appropriate)
- Clear window glazing
- Painted steps (as appropriate)
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Molded plastic underframe with brake cylinder
- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking
- Body mounted McHenry knuckle spring couplers installed
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Perhaps one of the most recognizable icons of American railroading, the caboose completed the train. Cabooses provide shelter for crew at the end of a train, who were long required for switching and shunting, and to keep a lookout for load shifting, damage to equipment and cargo, and overheating axles.
McHenry Scale Knuckle
1911-1940, 1941-1970, 1971-1990, 1991-2009