Welcome to the New Athearn Trains Website!
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- All models are representative of prototypical paint schemes
- 70 or 100-ton Roller Bearing trucks with animated spinning bearing caps per prototype
- 33”(70-ton) or 36”(100-ton) machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Separately applied brake wheel and ladders
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:GATX’s North American tank car fleet consists of more than 59,000 cars with nearly 70 different types serving the chemical, petroleum, transportation, agriculture, food, mineral, and plastics markets. Major car groupings include general service and high pressure, and cars used to carry various types of acids and other specialty products. Customer logos can occassionally be found on GATX leased cars. These cars can be found interchanged all over North America on all major and short line railroads.
McHenry Scale Knuckle