- Flat car includes two decorated 25' trailers
- Roller bearing 70-ton trucks with 33" wheels
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18"
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Trailer On Flat Car (TOFC) has been in service since the 1940s when it was originally developed to load truck trailers onto flat cars to streamline service and minimize transfering cargo from boxcars to trailers. In the early 1980s, after the railroads were deregulated, TOFC service exploded in North America. The railroad's ability to adjust haul rates to be competative with trucking meant new revenue in areas that the railroads weren't able to successfully compete before.
McHenry Scale Knuckle
1971-1990, 1991-2009, 2010-Present Day