- Boiler backhead with printed manual controls
- Individually applied piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Correctly operating eccentric cranks
- Adjustable cab windows
- Headlights and number boards with directional light change
- Tender light
- Five pole, skewed armature motor with two flywheels
- Pivoting front and rear engines for negotiating 18” radius curves
- Current pick-up on all driver and tender wheels
- 8-pin connector plug between loco and tender
This stunning reproduction of the 4-6-6-4 Challenger is the result of a focused determination to accomplish one thing: create the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype available. To say Athearn has succeeded would be an understatement.
Giving life to all the details are authentic sounds that are channeled through a factory installed DCC and soundboard with speakers. The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts its functions. The modeler doesn’t have to do a thing.
Functions and sounds available to DCC users include:
Fire box door
Cylinder cock/flange squeal
A handheld wireless controller is included for use with conventional DC power supplies. With it, modelers can control six sound functions as well as speed and direction.
The Genesis 4-6-6-4 Challenger includes a history book and instruction book for quick reference.
||Fan Trip Version
||18" (22" recommended)